Thursday, July 26, 2012

And it's hard to dance with the devil on your back...

So shake him off...




My lovely girlfriends and I were fortunate enough to attend The Florence and the Machine concert at Red Rocks last night!


Christen, Nicole, K.J, Sheena, Moi, and Lindsey.


We had a great time, starting with piling all 6 of us into my shagon wagon and heading up early. Christen, who was the ring leader of this event had a secret squirrel entrance that we camped out at drinking margarita otter pops and soaking up the beautiful venue that is Red Rocks Amphitheater.




Beings that I grew up in Denver, I sometimes take for granted the glorious beauty that is our state. As most people know Colorado was rocked by a devastating tragedy last week and it felt good to get out in the sun with our fellow statesman and relax and enjoy the view. If you live in Denver and have never seen a show at Red Rocks, or if you are traveling here it is an absolute must that you come see your favorite band here as soon as possible.



                                                                    View from the line
                                                       

                                                  

                                View from the top of the amphitheater
                                        


After waiting in line for about 2 hours we scored some amazing 8th row seats and thanks to little K"bulldog"J we were able to oust the nasty couple that tried to steal our hard won seats and have a great time. Why do people gotta be rude at public events? In this case all it got them was a tiny little lady up in their business who was not gonna give up! Nice work buddy!






Opening band was the Walkmen and I felt them to be mediocre at best. I did appreciate their jazzy suits. Its nice to see a man in a band in something other than his sister's jeans and a Dirty tee-shirt.


As soon as the sun  set, Florence and The Machine took the stage.





 I managed to get a few shots of Florence as their set started but Truth be told it was so amazing that I out my camera away and just let myself be carried away. It is sort of pet peeve of mine that people pay to see a live show and then watch the entire thing from their camera lens.  Florance Welch is an amazing performer, she had on a dress so stunning that my  friends and I found ourselves commenting on it the entire night. She also was barefoot and clearly having a wonderful time dancing and twirling in stage. Near the end of the set Florence asked for a moment of silence for the 12 souls lost in Aurora last week, and the power of thousands of people holding completely silent was enough to bring tears to my eyes.






It took us about an hour to get home due to nasty traffic, Sheena almost peed in  my car and of course we had to make a run for the border, but we had such a great night! Thanks to my friends for being so awesome and especially to Christen for planning the night and gifting me my ticket. I love you guys. 

-MB



4 comments:

  1. What a fun time!!!! Love you buddy! Love koog "the bulldog" woof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! Good job fighting foe your seats, I'm alway the guy in the last row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the best time! The pictures are fantastic!!! Love ya MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Fun times!!! I love me some concerts! I only got a couple of shots of her as well! I was so in awe of her I didn't want to pull my camera out!!

    ReplyDelete