Saturday, July 28, 2012

OOTD and "I am proud of my size weekly link up"

After a fun, stressful and busy week I  didn't meet my goal to write 3 outfit posts this week, However I definitely didn't want to miss doing a link up for the week to The Nearsighted Owl  for Rachele's "I am proud of my size" project. I think that this is a such a great way to work on my goal of being comfortable and healthy in my own skin, regardless of what the tag in my dress says. So here is my outfit of the week for the link up!




I really love this Kimono style dress, I bought it for my Uncle Jack-in-laws birthday party in L.A last year and I think it looks fabulous! The fit is comfortable and flattering and anything in teal catches my eye.

Head to toe
Dress: Nordstrom rack
Shoes: Payless
Necklace:gift/ETSY
Earrings:Gift
Glasses:Guess

The plunging back on this dress makes it a little diffrent than other Kimono dresses and it shows off my super old tattoo that is usually hidden.



These shoes are comfortable and easy to wear to work, as I stand on my feet all day. I actually don't really like them with this dress though, maybe its just the gravel that I am standing on but they look frumpy here. I bought these shoes by necessity on Tuesday when I went to the gym with 2 right shoes from 2 different pairs. Payless was the closest shoe store to work. The lady at Payless asked me if I worked at a nursing home? Random.




This necklace was a gift for mothers day from my husband and son. I absolutely love it and wear almost every day. The earrings are real silver and turquoise and they hurt my ears. I really love them but I have a fear that wearing too heavy of earrings will give me old lady ears before my time.

I wore my glasses outside to get a shot of my new cateyes. Its so sunny in Colorado that we usually don't go outside with out sunglasses.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! We are going to try and catch The Dark Knight Rises and I hope to write another blog post and get some work done on my guest room as my MIL will be here in 3 weeks!

-MB

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Love the glasses! Always looking forward to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thought I was the only one who had a "fear" of wearing too-heavy earrings for that same reason! Glad to know I'm not along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops--I meant "alone", NOT "along" :p

    ReplyDelete