Saturday, August 4, 2012

OOTD, LBD and sunburn

Yesterday we trekked it up north to water world. Good lord I was definitely young last time I went because the water park kicked my ass. I applied lots of sunblock but at one part I got brave and put on some tanning lotion. I immediatly covered it with sunblock but I still got a little toasted along my suit lines and my scalp.

It wasnt easy to clean myself up for work this morning so I wore this super easy and comfortable LBD.




 I borrowed this dress from my mom a few months ago to wear to an event. I should mention that my moms LOVES to shop and has amassed a pretty awesome collection of cocktail dresses.Lucky for me we wear about the same size! This one is an Adrienne Vittadini that still had the tags on it. It is very well made with a thicker fabric, but isn't too warm for summer. I knew it had to live with me so iItraded my mom some moisturizer for it.

Head to Toe:
Dress:  Mom, Ross?
Necklace and earrings: Gift from Alex
Shoes: DSW

 The dress a a funky little asymmetrical ruffle on it, that makes it stand out. It is pretty low cut though so I have to wear a cami under it. Wore it to work once with out a cami and felt like a tramp, wore it that way to the gay club and felt like a goddess!



Alex surprised me with this necklace and earring set on my last birthday. He actually gave me a step ladder as my gift first and then, with me trying to hide my disappointment, he had me "test it out" by reaching above the cabinet to find the jewelry.  Andrew was pretty small then and we were still adjusting and  exhausted so it was a fun moment.



 Pretty sure I don't actually have a bald spot, but you never know. I need my to have color done.




I feel like I look more serious than I felt at the time. Alex took these pictures of my when I got home today and I worked and then went to Costco so I was tired and ready to take off my shoes. Speaking of shoes these guys are not too bad. I like the vintage look and they are Naturalizers with a lot of arch support so I can wear them for a while. I have to admit I was hating on them pretty bad in the middle of my bi-weekly Costco trip.  After looking at these picture though they are starting to get a bit scuffed at the toe.



Look at those busted toes! Water world yesterday trashed em and we are going to lake tomorrow so I figure they will get even worse so i will have to paint them Monday. I should be embarrassed about those, but strangely I am not.


Alex likes to take pics so I hammed it up for a sec...



 Hope everyone is have and continues to have a great weekend. Tomorrow is Andrew's best friend's 2nd birthday so we get to go to lake and eat cake! Twofer!

-MB



1 comment:

  1. I have been reading these...and I love them! I would love to do something like this, but seriously there is SO much (bleep) in my closet! There is a section for every size! And honestly I can't remember where half of it is from!
    "Hi, my name is Paula (insert Hi Paula -from the crowd) & yes I admit I am a clothes hoarder!"
    I will say it hurt a lil on the inside when I read you were house hunting...tear!

    ReplyDelete