Thursday, August 16, 2012

OOTD, Something old, something new, something Vintage, something blue.

My baby has strep so I haven't had much time to post this week, however I am trying to keep to my goal of at least one outfit of the day per week, regardless of time constraints. Although Andrew is sick, my mother in law is here visiting and we always have a great time when she is here. She kept watch over the boy while Alex shot these OOTD photos for me during his lunch break.


 



Head to toe:
Glasses: Coastal
Dress: Walmart? Really old
Brooch: Vintage, was GG Frida's
Bag: Thrifted
Shoes: Stein Mart


I just received these glasses today! There are huge and a little silly but I took advantage of Coastal's awesome first pair free deal so I choose something that I normally would not have chosen. I like how high up they sit and the 60's feel they have.
 







This brooch belonged to Either my Great Grandma Frida or My Great Grandma Elaine. I have had it for at least 15 years so I can't remember which side it came from. My guess is that it was Ms. Frida Belle's because my other Grandma had a penchant for rhinestones and other various bling. 





 This dress is ancient, I am pretty sure I bought it at Walmart maybe 5 years ago? I like it though and because it is light weight but has the Juliet sleeve I use it a lot during the end of summer, start of Autumn.











Since it was Alex taking my photos today I hammed it up a bit. 


I haven't done a weekly link up to The Nearsighted Owl "I am Proud of my size " post for a while. This is partly because lately I have been indulging in Margaritas and what not and wasn't feeling too proud. I have give myself a break though, body acceptance isn't easy, and after a good 25 years of self deprivation in regard to my weight It is only natural to struggle about feeling good about yourself.




Look how patriotic I am! have a great Weekend  -MB

2 comments:

  1. i can always count on you to look gorgeous and stylish... and for a good chuckle! Love you buddy! Super proud to have your awesomeness in my life.
    Kooj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your glasses!

    ReplyDelete